Jul 12, 2011

"I ate his Liver with Some Fava Beans and a Nice Chianti!!"

Frightened or excited (because you know this quote)? Well settle down..... Sometimes when my brain stops paying attention to my workload, i.e. when I need to be entertained and its 2:00 am in the morning, I look through the IMDB database for high rated movies that I have not yet seen, learn about them and plan on watching them in a near future.
Following this logic, I stumbled upon the  film "Silence of the Lambs" which depicts interactions between an FBI agent Clarice Sterling and a famous human eating, ex-psychiatrist and sociopath Dr. Hannibal Lecter (You've probably heard of Hannibal the Cannibal), the title of the post is a quote from the movie.

I was surprised to learn that he is a fictional character from a series of novels. I always figured from the notoriety of the name that Hannibal was a real person that existed in the past, turns out this movie made it famous. I was even more intrigued when the part of the Doctor was played by English actor Anthony Hopkins whose breathtaking performance in Instinct scarred me for life.


So I watched the film, liked it so much that I found and watched the sequel Hannibal right away and yes my next Halloween costume will be the #1 villain in the AFI's 100 Years...100 Heroes and Villains list: Dr. HANNIBAL LECTER.

P.S: From a post on geek Love to a post about a Halloween type horror story.... My life is messed up!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog