Mar 27, 2011

On Time Management

            TIME, four letters that could make your life very exciting or completely miserable. If like me and every body else you are engaged in a number of activities, then you had to, at a certain point in time, deal with this beast. We have all heard magic words put together by "great thinkers" to display the necessity of efficient time management for a successful life:

"Time is money."
"Never leave ’till tomorrow which you can do today." - Benjamin Franklin.
"Never let yesterday use up today." - R. Nelson
"The time for action is now. It’s never too late to do something." - Carl Sandburg
"Make use of time, let not advantage slip." - William Shakespeare

And blah, blah, blah.... Don't get me wrong, I am not saying time is not of importance and should not be considered at all, I am merely suggesting that it should not be taken too seriously. Time should not control your life; on the contrary, having a life of fulfillment involves among other things a control of time.
If you have a 30-page paper due in two weeks and you are not very excited about writing, why would you want to refrain yourself from watching two hours of that TV show that makes you smile or getting excited by the MADNESS of this year's NCAA tournament or even spending a full day hanging out with your favorite peeps?

After reading my last paragraph, I see how foolish it sounds. I guess I am just trying to justify my current excessive procrastination :).
Ignore everything that I just said, and just live your life to the fullest; the key is in not spending time, but investing in it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog